Vitamin C & Skin health
In the present pandemic times, we have heard a lot about vitamin C’s immunity-boosting powers.
Isn’t it? Vitamin C is not only beneficial for your health but also plays a major role keeping your skin beautiful.
Here we shall discuss the vitamin C benefits for skin.
Let’s understand and explore the wonders this ingredient can perform for your skin. Stay with us!
Vitamin C benefits for skin Vitamin C is beneficial when it comes to dealing with skin issues like pigmentation, acne scars, uneven skin tone or dullness.
Before delving deeper into the benefits, let us first understand what exactly vitamin C is.
What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C also is known as ascorbic acid. It plays a pivotal role in the growth and development of many body tissues.
It is considered to be one of the most effective and safest nutrients. Also, it helps in the absorption of iron and the formation of collagen.
It has wound-healing properties and helps in the maintenance of healthy bones and cartilages.
Did you know your skin’s epidermal and dermal layers contain high concentrations of vitamin C?
However, its layers deplete due to factors like sunlight, pollution or ageing. Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can help neutralize free radicals.
It has the power to fight free radicals and thus, prevents skin damage.
Healthy skin with vitamin C
Let’s dig deep into the benefits of taking Vitamin C for skin:
- Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory Now, inflammation is your body’s response to bacteria, virus or any other foreign substance. The white blood cells in your body release chemicals into the blood that increase the blood flow to the inflamed area.
- But, vitamin C can reestablish the skin’s natural barrier, stratum corneum, and reduce the inflammatory responses in the skin.
Vitamin C topical skin benefits
- Vitamin C is responsible for producing collagen and elastin. When applied topically, it helps your skin heal itself. Also, this is how vitamin C helps in delaying skin-ageing. Collagen and elastin are fibrous proteins that provide strength and elasticity to the skin.
- Topical vitamin C also helps in skin brightening and reducing dark spots. It retains skin moisture and also addresses hyperpigmentation caused due to sunspots and age spots.
Get radiant skin with Vitamin C
- Did you know a deficiency in vitamin C is associated with many stress-related diseases? It is said that it is the first nutrient to be depleted in smokers, alcoholics or obese individuals.
- Hence, it is essential to maintain an adequate amount of vitamin C percentage in the body. It helps prevent stress-related diseases and ensures healthy and glowing skin.
Vitamin C for youthful skin
- Vitamin C affects cells on both inside and outside of your body. Its antioxidant benefits can prove to be beneficial as it delays skin ageing.
- Vitamin C intakes are associated with a lower likelihood of appearance of wrinkles and skin dryness.
Bid goodbye to dry skin with vitamin C
- High intakes of vitamin C are related to a decreased risk of dry skin. It plays a vital role in the body’s natural collagen synthesis, which helps to repair damaged and dry skin. It keeps you skin supple and moisturized.
Vitamin C provides significant protection against skin damage and helps in the regeneration of healthy skin.
Increase your vitamin C intake and gain a radiant and ever-glowing skin. Wondering how to add more vitamin C in your diet? Fret not! We have got your back.
How to add vitamin C in your diet?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant super-nutrient that can be found in a variety of fruits and vegetables.
Some of the foods richest in Vitamin C content are citrus fruits, green peppers, strawberries, tomatoes and broccoli.
Given below are some easy ways to work more fruits and veggies in your diet:
- Include grated fruits and vegetables in your favourite recipes for muffins and soups.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes or shredded broccoli to your sandwiches and wraps.
- Include fresh or frozen berries in your muffins, pancakes, cereals and salads.
- You can also include vitamin C supplements in your daily diet. They help enhance overall health.
Benefits of vitamin C tablets for skin
Vitamin C is an essential water-soluble nutrient that acts as a powerful antioxidant required for good health and radiant skin.
The production of elastin, a compound that thickens, protects and heals skin cells, depends on vitamin C levels in your body.
So, if you wish to have better and glowing skin, load up on vitamin C foods.
Now, you can also consume vitamin C tablets for maintaining healthy skin. Wondering what the benefits of taking vitamin C tablets for skin are? Read on!
Vitamin C chewable tablets benefits for skin
- Vitamin C tablets can enhance the effectiveness of sunscreens that you apply to your skin for sun protection.
- They help in the healing process of body wounds and fend off the signs of ageing.
- They play a pivotal role in the production of collagen and help heal damaged skin cells.
If you think that you don’t get enough vitamin C in your diet, you can eat more citrus foods such as oranges and take tablet supplements as recommended by the doctor.
Vitamin C serum benefits for skin
Vitamin C is touted as one of the key ingredients for maintaining smooth and glowing skin.
At times, even if you are taking vitamin c in your diet, there is no guarantee that it is going straight to your skin.
Therefore, using serums can be one of the most direct ways to reap the benefits. Now, let’s understand how to use a vitamin C serum.
How to use a vitamin C serum?
Generally, topical vitamin C is well-tolerated. But you should always perform a patch test to assess your risk for an allergic reaction. Following are the steps:
- Select a small skin area, like the forearm that is easy to conceal.
- Always apply a small amount of serum and wait for 24 hours.
- If there are no side effects, you can apply it on your face. In case you develop redness, rash or hives.
Now, vitamin C serum is generally applied once or twice per day. Regular application can lead to beautiful and youthful skin.
Don’t let blemishes and dark spots rule your skin. Gain multiple advantages of vitamin C serum for face skin today!
Advantages of Vitamin C serum
Vitamin C holds off environmental and sun damage to skin cells. When we eat, drink or consume a vitamin c supplement,
our skin only gets a small fraction of the benefits. However, when you apply vitamin c in serum form, it lets our skin absorb more of it efficiently.
There are many benefits of vitamin C for face skin. Let’s dig deep into them:Safe to use –
Vitamin C serums generally have an excellent safety profile. Most people can utilise it for an extended period of time without experiencing adverse reactions. Also
they are safe to use in conjunction with other skin care actives like like alpha hydroxy acids, retinols and SPF.
Improve moisture content in skin
Serums are hydrating in nature. Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, one of the essential vitamin C derivatives
has a hydrating effect on skin. It allows your skin to retain its natural oil balance.
Helps in skin lightening
Also, there are many vitamin C benefits for skin lightening. Vitamin C helps fade pigmentation spots and smoothes the skin’s surface to reduce dullness.
It provides you with a youthful glow.
Reduces skin redness
Regular use of vitamin c serum also helps reduce redness and evens your skin tone. It can treat a large variety of inflammatory skin conditions.
As it tends to reduce redness, it gives you a healthy complexion.
Vitamin C serum also helps reduce hyperpigmentation including sun spots, age spots and melasma.
Melasma occurs when melanin is overproduced in certain areas of your skin. It can occur in areas where acne has been healed.
Vitamin C impedes melanin production. It helps fade dark spot and tones out your complexion.
Hydrates under eye area
Vitamin C serums can help smooth out fine lines by plumping and hydrating the under eye area.
It can help alleviate discolouration associated with under eye circles.
Boosts collagen production
Moreover, it promotes collagen production. Collagen is a naturally occurring protein. It depletes over time.
Low levels of collagen can cause fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C serums can prevent that from happening. It boosts your collagen production.
Now, collagen production is also tied to skin elasticity and firmness. Drop in collagen levels may result in skin sagging.
As discussed earlier, application of vitamin c serum boosts collagen production.
This results in an overall tightening effect and gives your skin a firm and smooth appearance.
Protects from sun damage
Vitamin C serums can also protect skin against sun damage. Now, sun damage is caused by molecules known as free radicals.
They are, basically, atoms with a missing electron. Free radicals look for other atoms to steal electrons.
They can lead to significant damage to the skin. As vitamin C is rich in antioxidants,
they protect your skin by giving the free radicals an electron, rendering them harmless. Therefore, vitamin c serums are beneficial.
Vitamin C serum also helps soothe sunburns. It tends to accelerate cell turnover.
It replaces the damaged cells with new ones. Vitamin C can also speed up overall wound healing.
Take a note of the above-mentioned vitamin C benefits for skin and start applying vitamin C serum from today.
Gain the benefits of vitamin C serum for oily skin
You shouldn’t miss moisturization if you have oily skin. A good moisturizer determines overall skin health throughout the day.
Serums can be the ideal moisturiser for your oily skin. Vitamin C serum is a super light-weight formula and is rich in antioxidants and gets absorbed by the skin easily.
How to choose the best serum for your oily skin?
Vitamin C serum is available in different forms and they vary when it comes to absorption. Some of the forms are as follows:
- L-ascorbic acid (water-soluble)
- Sodium ascorbyl phosphate or magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
- Ascorbyl palmitate(fat-soluble)
- Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate
Some points to remember while choosing a vitamin C serum for yourself:
- It is essential to make sure that the serum has the right concentration. The ideal concentration of vitamin C for oily skin should be between 5 to 20%.
- PH level is also a crucial factor to take into account while selecting serum for yourself. Try to choose a serum that has a PH level of 3.5 or lower.
- Also, the formulation should be appropriate. Vitamin C should be combined with other antioxidants such as ferulic acid and vitamin E. They prevent collagen degradation and repair the cells on a deep level.
- The best serum for oily skin is water-based serum as it provides instant results and it is much lighter than the oil-based one.
There is no denying the fact that vitamin C serum is the saviour for people with oily skin. Incorporating it in your skin regimen
can make a huge difference in your skin over time.
Benefits of taking vitamin C for skin – Points to remember
There are certain things that you need to know before using vitamin C for your skin. Here are some of them:
- If you are planning to use vitamin C serum for your skin, try to use it in the morning. There’s no law against using vitamin C serum in the evening but you may get the most benefit from utilizing it in the morning before heading out for the day.
- Try to use your vitamin C products at the right point in your skincare schedule. Generally, they should be used at the end of your routine.
- Go for the right concentration vitamin C for your skin type. If you have dry skin, stick to lower concentrations around 5%. But if you have pigmentation issues, you can go for higher concentrations.
- Also, make sure to store your vitamin C products correctly. Mostly, in topical vitamin care products, vitamin C is sensitive to light and air. When exposed to such factors, they get oxidized. So, you should store these products in opaque containers.
Vitamin C is enriched with a lot of cool benefits. Its superior brightening agent works to fade dark spots and provides your skin with ultimate nourishment.
Let vitamin C pamper your skin from now on. Make your move towards a happy and healthy skin!
- What does vitamin C do for your face?
Vitamin C and skin care benefits go hand in hand. Vitamin C promotes collagen production that has the potential to thicken the dermis.
So, vitamin C helps alleviate fine lines and is essential for a beautiful and youthful skin. There are myriad vitamin C benefits for skin.
It helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and removes the signs of aging. It protects the skin cells from damage against free radicals.
It also helps prevent dry skin. At Mountainor, you can find top class vitamin C supplements for yourself.
They are made from natural extracts and are 100% safe to use. Order today.
- Is it harmful to put vitamin C on your face?
Well, vitamin C has a good safety profile. You can use topical vitamin C for a long period of time without experiencing any adverse effect.
Hence, in most of the cases, vitamin C is safe and can be applied on the face. You can use vitamin C serum for your skin.
There are umpteen number of vitamin C benefits for skin.Grab some advantages with Mountainor. Get top-grade vitamin C supplements, made from natural ingredients. Shop today.
- Does vitamin C whiten skin?
Yes, vitamin C helps in the whitening process. It is rich in antioxidants that tend to have a brightening effect on the skin.
Also, vitamin C protects the skin from free radicals and helps to lighten hyperpigmentation.
It even outs the skin tone and, hence, enhances your skin radiance. You can find the best vitamin C products at Mountainor.
They are made from natural extracts and can provide you with the best benefits of vitamin C for face skin. Shop today.